>When Will My Workers’ Compensation Checks Stop?

>There are several scenarios for when the insurance company can stop sending you your wage loss checks. If you settle your case for a lump sum of money, then your checks will stop after the settlement hearing. Or, if the insurance company sends you LIBC forms asking you about your physical condition and whether you are working- and if you fail to return the forms within 30 days, they can suspend your wage loss checks until you send them back. Another instance when the insurer can stop your checks is if they prove that you are fully recovered from your work injury. They accomplish this by filing a Termination Petition and litigating the case for several months and by establishing that the IME doctor is more credible than your treating physician (not an easy thing for them to do). Another example of when the insurance company can stop your checks is when you sign a supplemental agreement, agreeing that you have returned to work at equal or greater wages than pre-injury. The insurer can stop paying your checks if they prove you’re capable of earning your pre-injury wages either through a job offer that the Judge believes is within your capabilities, or through a Labor Market Survey where the insurer’s vocational expert finds jobs that are allegedly within your physical and vocational abilities. Again, they accomplish this through litigation which takes many months- and which you have the right to defend.

When you need a workers compensation attorney in Pennsylvania, call Michael W. Cardamone at (215) 206-9068 or email mcardamone@krasno.com

Pennsylvania Workers’ Compensation Attorney

>Is The Workers Comp Insurance Company On My Side?

>No! There is a direct conflict of interest between what you want and what they want. You, as the injured worker in Pennsylvania, simply want to obtain the benefits afforded to you by law- wage loss benefits and medical benefits. More importantly, you want to get better.

On the other hand, the insurance company wants to pay as little as possible on your claim. They send you to panel doctors who have relationships with your Employer, and they have incentive to minimize your disability to the extent that the subjective nature of medicine, permits.

The insurer doesn’t enjoy paying you wage loss benefits. That’s why they send you to IME doctors to obtain an opinion that you’re either fully recovered or have an earning power.

Employers are required to have workers’ compensation insurance, but this doesn’t mean that the insurers are always looking out for you. They have to walk a fine line between appearing to be acting on your behalf and doing their job, with trying everything they can to spend less on your claim.

My goal as a workers’ compensation lawyer for injured workers in Pennsylvania, is the reverse- namely, to maximize your entitlement to benefits- to obtain money for you so you can survive while you’re trying to recover- and to make sure that your medical bills don’t slip between the cracks.

You also have to remember that every adjustor is different – some will treat you well and some won’t. You just need to be aware of the big picture, which is that each party has largely different objectives.

No, insurers are not evil. But they are looking to end your claim with as little spent as possible.

See also www.phillyworkcomp.com

Michael Cardamone- Pennsylvania Workers Comp Attorney

>Do I Have to Treat With My Employer’s Panel Physicians During The First 90 Days After My Injury?

>It depends. Generally, if your employer has posted a list of at least 6 doctors at your place of employment in a conspicuous location, and if you received and signed a form notifying you of the procedures for treating after a work comp claim, then you should treat with one of the physicians listed. However, if that list is not posted, you do not have to treat with a panel doctor. There are some other technicalities which may enable you to circumvent the panel docs altogether.

Feel free to call me if you have any questions regarding panel physicians in your case. Remember, each case is unique. Don’t simply listen to the insurance company adjustor or claims rep- consult with an experienced Pennsylvania workers’ comp lawyer who is on your side.

Email mcardamone@krasno.com or call 215.206.9068

Michael W. Cardamone- Your Pennsylvania Workers Comp Lawyer

>If My Workers Comp Claim Gets Denied, What Should I Do Next?

>Call a workers’ compensation lawyer right away. You’ll need a Claim Petition filed and the sooner the better.

You have 3 years from the date of the work injury or from the date you first learned that your condition could be related to work. Don’t hesitate, however, because your claim will be stronger if filed soon after the injury date. Your recollection will be clearer and you’ll need the guidance of an experienced workers’ compensation lawyer from the outset, to maximize your claim.

Call me 24/7 at (215) 206-9068 for a free and comprehensive consult.

Or email at mcardamone@krasno.com

>Does The Insurance Company Have The Right To Obtain My Medical Records?

>Generally, yes. Once you put your physical condition at issue whether by filing a workers’ comp claim, a personal injury lawsuit or a medical malpractice claim, your medical records are fair game. You lose any right to privacy because the insurance companies and their attorney have the right to determine what conditions you may have had prior to the claim- so they can sort out what is related to what.

Likewise, you may be videotaped in public places by surveillance companies hired by the insurer. They are not permitted on your property, but they can sit on your street (usually they are very discreet, tinted windows, etc) and follow you to the grocery store or any other public place, to see if you are doing anything outside of your physical restrictions that may be inconsistent with your injury.

Feel free to ask any questions you may have about these topics.

See also www.phillyworkcomp.com

Michael Cardamone- Your Pennsylvania Workers’ Comp Lawyer