1) You are very likely to get a much larger amount of money in your settlement than without one
2) Peace of mind that the insurance company is treating you fairly
3) Even if you are already receiving checks, by having an experienced work comp lawyer on your side, you will position your case better to fend off petitions that will inevitably be filed by insurer
4) Someone else to talk to for advice on issues relating to your case- ie, what doctor to see, whether to get surgery, how to get prescriptions filled, etc.
5) Money, money, money. If the insurer files a Petition to Terminate, Modify or Suspend your benefits, you will need a lawyer because it generally takes about $3,000 to $6,000 or more, to litigate a workers’ comp petition- and your lawyer is very likely to pay those costs. (depositions, medical records, etc).
For a free and comprehensive evaluation of your PA Workmans comp case, call Michael 7 days a week at (215) 206-9068 or email at Michael@cardamonelaw.com
Michael W. Cardamone- Fighting For Injured Workers In Pennsylvania
Voted PA Super Lawyer