My Check Is Late? What Should I Do?

Call your workers’ compensation lawyer. He or she will file a Penalty Petition and assert that the Defendant has violated the Pennsylvania Workers’ Compensation Act by failing to pay your indemnity (wage loss) benefits in a timely fashion. If not amicably resolved, the Judge will issue a Decision once the evidence is submitted (usually, this consists of a copy of the last check rec’d and some brief testimony from Claimant). The Judge has discretion to award from 0 to 50% of the amount at issue, as a penalty. The longer the delay, the more likely the penalty will be severe.

Call an experienced and respected workers’ compensation attorney in Pennsylvania- call attorney Michael W. Cardamone at (215) 206-9068 or email at

Representing Injured Workers In Pennsylvania

Leave a Reply